Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Downtime
GiGaBiTe
post Sep 20 2014, 01:03 AM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Super Administrators
Member No.: 1

Sorry about the downtime, the router/webserver the forum resides on had a double whammy hard drive failure (again) and a PSU failure. I need to stop buying refurb drives I guess and second hand PSUs.

The server was upgraded from Fedora 18 to Fedora 20 which was 17 hours of pain in the ass debugging. I don't recommend anyone use Fedora for anything anymore, the devs have become so out of touch with reality that it's appalling. It took a further several weeks to debug bizarre permissions issues when migrating the old files over, which is why the websites weren't working.

The rebuilt router/webserver has a shiny new 400W CoolerMaster PSU and two Seagate Barracuda drives in Software RAID1 (because Fedora 20 vomits on any type of hardware RAID.)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GiGaBiTe
post Oct 9 2015, 11:44 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Super Administrators
Member No.: 1

Not that anyone reads this, but the recent downtime was because a failed upgrade from Fedora 20 to Fedora 22 that botched everything.

This time it took about 20 hours of hair pulling to get the router up and working again. I still don't recommend fedora to anyone for the same reasons above (idiot developers), but I didn't have a choice as porting all of my custom scripts to a different distro would take weeks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 02:09 AM